CALL FOR APPLICATIONS – Regional Communication Officer – Central Visayas (TBIHSS Project)
FHI 360/Philippines (www.fhi360.org) is in search of candidates for Regional Communication Officer position to join the USAID-funded “TB Innovations and Health Systems Strengthening” (TBIHSS) project in the Philippines. The position is based at the TB Innovations Office in Central Visayas – Cebu Area.
The “TB Innovations and Health Systems Strengthening” (TB-IHSS) project is a 5-year USAID funded project that aims to strengthen national and regional level implementation of the National TB Strategic Plan by providing state-of-the-art capacity building and technical expertise to scale-up TB and DR-TB prevention, detection and treatment. It supports the Government of Philippines in its endeavor to eliminate TB by binding, building and strengthening innovative approaches to improve TB prevention, increase TB case detection rates, decrease default rates, and increase TB treatment success rates.
The Regional Communication Officer will implement the social and behavior change communication (SBCC) strategy in support of the Citywide TB Elimination Campaign and the Introducing New Tools Project (iNTP) Project in Cebu City and Cebu Province, respectively. He/she will manage various communication strategies of policy advocacy, media advocacy, provider communication, and individual behavior change communication. He/she will report directly to the Demand Generation Advisor for technical concerns and to the Regional Project Manager for administrative concerns.
· Implement, monitor and evaluate the SBCC strategy for CiTEC and iNTP, including identifying and engaging with local community champions;
· Liaise with the regional and city health promotion offices;
· Coordinate with local media agencies and professionals;
· Design or translate communication materials into the vernacular
· Ability to design and manage communication strategies and campaigns in communities
· Excellent English and Cebuano oral and written communication skills.
· Articulate, professional, and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner.
· Work in a fast-paced environment and with various stakeholders
· BS/BA (Mass Communication, Fine Arts, Development Studies, Marketing, Advertising, Public health, or related field.)
· At least 5 years’ direct experience in SBCC or communication for development **
· Experience of working with government institutions is desirable
WORKING CONDITIONS AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
· Usual office working conditions.
· Ability to travel domestically at least 25%
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
FHI360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.