A global Luxury group, Kering manages the development of a series of renowned Houses in Fashion, Leather Goods, Jewelry and Watches: Gucci, Saint Laurent, Bottega Veneta, Balenciaga, Alexander McQueen, Brioni, Boucheron, Pomellato, Dodo, Qeelin, Ulysse Nardin, Girard-Perregaux, as well as Kering Eyewear. By placing creativity at the heart of its strategy, Kering enables its Houses to set new limits in terms of their creative expression while crafting tomorrow’s Luxury in a sustainable and responsible way. We capture these beliefs in our signature: “Empowering Imagination”. In 2019, Kering had nearly 38,000 employees and restated revenue of €15.9 billion.
With a very strong sponsorship of group senior management, Kering Finance Shared Services (KFSSC) has initiated a global transformation to re-invent and streamline shared service processes. This project leverages significant investment in technology (Implementation of SAP FMS & S4 Finance, Blackline, Concur, Esker, Avalara, IBM Tririga…) and will span over 3 years (2019 to 2021). A global change community has been set-up across Kering SSC and change management is supported by external consultants.
In this context of global finance transformation, we are currently seeking a Financial Controller reporting to the Head of Kering UK Finance Shared Service Centre. This role is based in Haywards Heath, West Sussex with regular travel to the London Head Office.
To successfully lead the implementation and adoption of SAP, Blackline and other global finance transformation initiatives. You will provide added-value and reliable reporting, budgeting/forecasting, producing financial statements compliant with local requirements, developing processes and controls and assisting in commercial finance.
How you will contribute
- Work closely with worldwide/EMEA financial shared services teams to implement global finance transformation initiatives locally
- Lead the move towards continuous accounting and fast closing, leveraging new tools and working in close collaboration with the AMQ brand and EMEA/worldwide finance shared services teams. The objective is to reduce the monthly closing timing by 50% and spread the work throughout the month
- Monitor, communicate and define corrective actions with the AMQ brand and/or regional finance shared service team regarding the quality of monthly closings
- Organize the roles & responsibilities within your team focusing on process expertise to improve efficiency and quality of financial reporting
- Maintain SAP analytical structures relevant to AMQ and in line with group model for UK entities
- Support brand management for the UK market by delivering reliable reporting and budgeting insights and providing finance expertise on local activities: boutique opening, lease accounting, fixed assets
- Deliver and ensure compliant filing of local statutory financial statements
- Responding to internal and external audit requests
- Ensuring compliance with HMRC regulations
- Coaching and completing performance
- Create a strong relationship with brand finance to ensure the shared service centre can provide the expected level of services
- Management of two Accountants
Who you are
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified ideally with significant experience in either an audit or retail background
- Experience in shared services or complex matrix organisation
- Strong background leading finance process improvement, standardization initiatives and finance system implementation: preferably SAP, Hyperion & Blackline
- IT & process driven professional. Working knowledge of Power BI
- Good understanding of retail lease accounting (IFRS16) and retail business in general
Why work with us?
This is an excellent opportunity to join the Kering adventure in a moment of extraordinary growth and become part of a thriving team in a global Luxury group that offers endless possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering, and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs, and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
Kering UK Services Limited