Due to weather, the following Health P.E.I. services have been impacted:
- Appointments at O’Leary Health Center, Tyne Valley health Center and Alberton Health Center are cancelled for the day.
Information related to services impacted by the weather is available at healthpei.ca/storm-centre.
Anyone with emergency medical needs should call 911 or seek emergency services when:
- experiencing discomfort or tightness in the chest;
- experiencing unusual shortness of breath;
- experiencing abdominal pain;
- experiencing prolonged and persistent headache or dizziness;
- an injury may require stitches or involve a broken bone;
- a child has prolonged diarrhea or vomiting; or
- a baby under six months of age has a fever of 38°C (100.4°F) or higher.
If you have any health concerns or need immediate health information, call 811 to speak to an experienced registered nurse for advice on the best course of action.
Signs of stroke:
A stroke is medical emergency, do not drive to the hospital all 911. Learn the signs of stroke, think FAST: Face: is it drooping? Arms: can you raise both? Speech: is it slurred or jumbled? Time to call 911 right away.
Contact information for primary care walk-in-clinics at healthpei.ca/walkinclinics.