Medical Packaging Films Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 – 2026)
The report will make detailed analysis mainly on in-depth research on the development environment, Market size, development trend, operation situation and future development trend of Medical Packaging Films Market on the basis of stating current situation of the industry in 2021.
This is a latest report, covering the current COVID-19 impact on the market. The pandemic of Coronavirus (COVID-19) has affected every aspect of life globally. This has brought along several changes in market conditions. The rapidly changing market scenario and initial and future assessment of the impact is covered in the report. It offers critical information pertaining to the current and future growth of the market.
The medical packaging films market is predicted to witness a healthy CAGR of 4.5% over the forecast period (2021-2026).
With the outbreak of new diseases and growth in regulatory norms across the world, the pharma sector focuses on population health management by which the growth in drugs and medical devices, augments the demand of medical packaging films.
SPECIAL OFFER (Avail an Up-to 20% discount on this report)
Request a Sample Report:
– Moreover, as the sustainable technology continues to grow and become intrinsic to the business process, the medical technology sector is being tasked to incorporate sustainable technologies across its various sectors, with the packaging being a huge main factor. According to BioResources, in 2019, researchers conducted an experiment of Seaweed-based biodegradable films which were studied with the incorporation of different concentrations of neem (Azadirachta indica) leaf extract. The experiments indicated that the seaweed-based film incorporated with neem leaves extract has potential application as an active packaging material due to its enhanced mechanical properties and antimicrobial activity.
– Also, the rising demand for bioplastic material in the packaging segment drives the market. In 2018, according to the European Bioplastics, the global volume production of bioplastics accounted for about 2.11 million metric tons, in which almost 65% of the volume was used in the packaging market segment. Various companies are moving towards sustainable packaging for the medical segment. In the past, Biome Bioplastics developed a cellulose-based compostable material (BiomeHT90) with 50% above content for biobased carbon content. The material can be processed through injection molding, sheet extrusion and thermoforming, and is suitable for medical instruments that require sterilization.
– The growing demand to treat the chronic disease that requires continuous vaccination drives the market. Chronic diseases are the primary causes of death and disability globally. According to WHO, the estimated cases for the chronic disease may reach around 60% globally till 2020. As the vaccines for such cases are obtainable in pre-filled syringes form, its increased consumption is expected to boost the market growth especially for PP (Polypropylene) and PE (Polyethylene) films.
– Fluctuation in the prices of raw materials restraints the growth of the market. Due to rising crude oil prices and robust consumption from plastic manufacturers, the prices get fluctuated by which the decrease in production rate challenge the market to grow.
The medical packaging films market is fragmented in nature and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market, which increases the rivalry in the market. Key players are Honeywell, 3M, Amcor, etc.
Recent developments in the market are –
– Jun 2019 – Tekni-Plex ended up with the acquisition of three manufacturing facilities from Amcor’s Flexible Packaging business unit. These three facilities located in Madison, Wisconsin, and Ashland in the United States, provide a wider portfolio of sterilizable medical device packaging substrates, which includes coated and uncoated Tyvek, heat-seal and cold-seal coated paper and films with medical-grade laminates.
– Sep 2019 – At Pack Expo Las Vegas, Tekni-Films introduced TekniMD PX films, which is a series of proprietary high-performance, thermoformable copolyester films that provide an alternative to PETG for medical device packaging. These standard PX film is suitable for form, fill and seal applications, while PX MED has superior characteristics and is used as a substitute for silicone-coated PETG.
Get Discount of this Report:
Key Market Trends:
Plastic to Gain Significant market Share in PC (Polycarbonate) Films in Medical Devices
– Packaging for medical devices is generally fabricated from thermoformed Polycarbonate (PC) film, which refers to a polymer-based medical devices packaging. Such films provide the package and its contents to be sterilized together by exposure to radiation. Emerging applications of PC through thermoformed include various medical parts such as inhalers for the consumer market, ophthalmic products, orthopedic materials, lab-on-a-chip devices for determining blood chemistry or analyzing proteins, etc.
– Autoclaving sterilization is the most common method to sterilize the equipment, where the equipment needs to withstand temperatures of up to 163 degrees Celsius. PC film is the most appropriate film to withstand this temperature.
– LEXAN 8040 PC film of Tekra provides autoclave stability which meets sterile medical packaging applications complied by FDA regulations and USP-VI compliance. It maintains exceptional clarity while allowing heat resistance for steam and dry heat sterilization. The applications include ophthalmic solutions, blister packaging, implants, instrument tray sets, woven products, and diagnostics, which majorly increase the demand in the market.
– Moreover, companies are focusing to implement this packaging films in various types of medical transplants. For instance, in Dec 2019, Covestro designed Makrofol MA507 polycarbonate film for packaging breast implants, as these are sensitive products that should arrive undamaged at the hospital after manufacture, sterilization, and transport. This PC film is highly transparent so the physician can reliably visually inspect the implant before unpacking it and are also characterized by high tear and impact resistance.
The research includes historic data from 2015 to 2021 and forecasts until 2026 which makes the report’s an invaluable resource for industry executives, Marketing, Sales and product managers, consultants, analysts, and other people looking for key industry data in readily accessible documents with clearly presented tables and graphs.
For More Information On This Report, Please Visit:
Customization of the Report: This report can be customized as per your needs for additional data up to 3 companies or countries or 40 analyst hours.
If you have any special requirements, please Contact our Sales Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Note: All the reports that we list have been tracking the impact of COVID-19. Both upstream and downstream of the entire supply chain has been accounted for while doing this. Also, where possible, we will provide an additional COVID-19 update supplement/report to the report in Q3, please check for with the sales team.
MarketInsightsReports provides syndicated market research on industry verticals including Healthcare, Information, and Communication Technology (ICT), Technology and Media, Chemicals, Materials, Energy, Heavy Industry, etc. MarketInsightsReports provides global and regional market intelligence coverage, a 360-degree market view which includes statistical forecasts, competitive landscape, detailed segmentation, key trends, and strategic recommendations.
Irfan Tamboli (Head of Sales)-Market Insights Reports
Phone: + 1704 266 3234 | Mob: +91-750-707-8687
email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org