Big Data Developer
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse.
A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards
We are looking for an experienced Big Data engineer for Product Control IT within our CFO Tech IT organization. F1 is a strategic big data platform providing a single, complete, consistent and harmonized repository of data for CFO. We are currently working on the simplification of current architecture landscape by decommissioning legacy IT infrastructure across Product Control functions by consolidating all the financial data into F1, achieving complexity reduction and supporting finance convergence across infrastructures, data and business processes. We are looking for a data engineer with proven experience in big data tech stack and with in-depth knowledge of industry standards and standard practices.
- Build and optimize ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
- Lead business, systems & technical analysis and process design with high touch business and business change contact as required across back, middle and front office functions.
- Drive solutions architecture, systems and interface design, data analysis, scenario and use case analysis.
- Identifying innovative ways to seek the problems and increase customer satisfaction
- Opportunities to network across different functions within Product Control and Finance IT
- Supporting ongoing projects, including assisting with raised production issues where SME or BA expertise is required
- Perform root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and find opportunities for improvement.
- Authoring advanced SQL and working with a variety of relational SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work.
- Experience working in big data platform for implementing projects with high SLA of data availability and data quality, exposure to public cloud technologies is a major plus.
- Equivalent experience of at least 7+ years with IT
- Equivalent work experience of minimum 3+ years in a Data Engineer role
- Outstanding experience with big data tools like Spark, HDFS, Hive, Impala, Scala, Kudu, Kafka, Python programming
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases
- Substantial exposure to enterprise infrastructure, data processing, enterprise software applications
- Willing to work in Raleigh, NC office
- Familiarity with Finance Business domain, P&L Attribution and/or Risk P&L
- Familiar with microservcie architecture, JSON, API based interfaces
- Experience in redesigning legacy technology based solutions using Big Data technology stack
- Previous participation in organizational change or process re-engineering team
- Experience at a major investment or global commercial bank
- Experience in working in a distributed team spanning across multiple regions and locations
- Self-motivated, hardworking and proven fast learner who possess good problem solving skills!
- Takes ownership of tasks assigned to ultimate resolution
- Accuracy and timeliness of delivering solutions using the best IT standards and practices
- BI/Analytical skills
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.